Products and ServicesSubjects
Spelling, Reading, English, Maths, Science
About Straight A's Education Centre
Does your child find Maths, English or Science overly challenging at school? Straight A's can straighten that out for you! We are a tuition centre catering to Primary and Secondary students providing specialist tutoring in Maths, English, Reading, Spelling and the Sciences.
Straight A's maintain a tutor/student ratio of 1:4. We provide all learning materials and use the latest computer hardware and software programmes which support the New Zealand curriculum. All students who enrol at Straight A's will show increased confidence, a positive attitude, academic progress in their chosen area of tuition and will do so in a supportive and caring environment.
Visit our website for more information or give our friendly staff a call.
Monday - Friday: 3:30pm - 4:45pm and 4:45pm - 6:00pm
Monday and Wednesday late nights: 6:00pm - 7:15pm
Saturday: 9:00am - 10:15am and 10:15am - 11:30am
What makes us different
- Free initial assessment for students up to Year 8 with ongoing 6 monthly written reports.
- An individualised programme designed to maximise the student¿s learning.
- A maximum 1:4 tutor/student ratio
- 75 minute teaching sessions
- Set homework to consolidate new learning
- Incentive and reward systems to encourage learning and success
- A balance of computer and written work.
- Creating a partnership with the class teacher to maximise learning
- Making learning fun
- Inquiry based learning programmes
- Problem Solving
- Accelerated learning on current school topic
- We work with students with Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, Dyscalculia, Aspergers Syndrome, Irlen Syndrome and ADD.
- The centre has special intervention programmes (STEPS) to help those with Dyslexic tendencies.
- Straight A¿s is also able to assess and diagnose dyslexia in students. A comprehensive report is given on completion of the assessment.
- Our specially trained tutors help students with learning difficulties, reach their potential
- We build students self belief and confidence in their learning.
- We have a qualified Irlen Syndrome Screener available on site.
- General tuition
- Specific I.C.A.S. competition courses
- Upcoming school exam preparation and revision.
- NCEA/Cambridge exam preparation
- School entrance exam preparation
- Refresher courses (January)