Products and ServicesConcerns
Conflict, Relationships, Anger Management, Parenting
About Parent Help Wellington
Parent Help - For Parent and Family Support
The Parent Help Line is:
- for parents, caregivers, family and whanau
- free, confidential and anonymous
- available 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- offers immediate and on-going support to families
- provides practical parenting advice
- staffed by trained, skilled volunteers
Counselling and Family Therapy
Parent Help offers a professional and affordable face-to-face counselling and family therapy service for people covering:
- family problems
- behavioural difficulties
- relationship issues
- child and adolescent counselling and therapy
Counselling services are offered in Wellington, Porirua and Lower Hutt and made by appointment.
Parent Help develops and runs parent education programmes for groups and individuals. Parenting courses are developed around the needs of the individual groups that request the service.
Topics covered include:
- quality parenting skills
- child and adolescent development
- understanding children's behaviour
- learning strategies to communicate better with children
- building self esteem - both for parent and child
Anger Change Programmes
Parent Help is an approved provider of the nationally recognised "Anger Change" programme developed by Jigsaw.
Anger Change is for mothers who are concerned they may physically or emotionally harm their child. The programme is run in small groups by two experienced and skilled facilitators.
Anger Change helps women:
- recognise the reasons for their anger
- learn ways of dealing with the anger
- receive on-going support, counselling or parenting skills