Products and ServicesConcerns
Pain, Disorders, Tearing, Dislocations, Fractures, Injuries, Accidents, Joint Pain, Arthritis, Trauma, Numbness, Disabilities, Athletic Injuries, SprainsTreatments
Knees, Bones, Joints, Pelvis, ShouldersServices
Arthroscopic Surgery, Orthopaedic SurgeryServing
Youth, Women, Elderly, Men, ChildrenDiagnostics
Evaluations, MRIsService Options
Consultations, Online Information
About Janus Schaumkel Orthopedic Services Ltd
Born and raised in Auckland, Janus Schaumkel is a New Zealand trained orthopaedic surgeon who, in 2005, completed the advanced surgical training and gained his specialist qualification FRACS (Ortho).
Janus specialises in hip and knee joint replacements, knee arthroscopy and reconstructive surgery, and in particular, ACL reconstruction.
He also provides surgical opinions and evaluations for general orthopaedic conditions.
Janus can perform the following surgeries:
- Hip Arthroscopy
- Femoro Acetabular Impingement FAI
- Total Hip Replacement
- Hip Resurfacing
- Revision Hip Replacement
- Arthroscopy of the Knee Joint
- Total Knee Replacement
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament ACL Reconstruction
- ACL Reconstruction Patellar Tendon
- Uni Condylar Knee Replacement
- Revision Knee Replacement
SPORTS INJURIES -
- As listed above
- Arthroscopic Knee Surgery
- Cartilage Restoration
After a number of years enhancing his skills overseas, Janus returned to Auckland in November 2008 where he lives with his wife and three children.
With a full time private practice based at the Ascot Office Park in Remuera, he also has satellite clinics at Eastcare Botany, Onehunga A and M, and at Westcare Henderson Lincoln Rd.
He has a particular interest in hip replacement, knee replacement (including computer-assisted surgery), and treatment of sports knee injuries with qualifications, associations, and work history including:
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- NZOA Orthopaedic Training Scheme 2002-2005 - FRACS (Ortho) 2005
- MBChB 1997 - University of Auckland
- BHB 1994 - University of Auckland
- BE (1st Class Honours) 1991 - University of Auckland
- Current Licensing Authorities
- New Zealand Medical Council
- Fellow of Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS)
- Fellow of New Zealand Orthopaedic Association (NZOA)
- International Affiliate Member of American Academy Of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery and Orthopaedic Sports Medicine (ISAKOS)
- Fellowship Training
- 2006 Knee Fellowship London United Kingdom
- 2007 Hip Fellowship London United Kingdom
- 2007 Hip and Knee Joint Reconstruction Fellowship London United Kingdom
- 2008 Knee and Shoulder Sports Medicine Fellowship Perth Australia
The waiting time to see Janus in private is one to two weeks and you can find more information about Janus and his surgical procedures on his website.
What makes us different
Dr. Janus Schaumkel specialises in hip and knee joint replacements for arthritis, and arthroscopy and reconstructive surgery of the knee, in particular ACL reconstruction. We can help advise you on the most appropriate treatment options.