Products and ServicesEvents
Free Seminar, FundraisersCharities
Over 50 Years Experience
About Cancer Society - Waikato/Bay Of Plenty Division
The Cancer Society of New Zealand is a charitable organisation dedicated to reducing the impact and incidence of cancer in the communities. The Waikato/Bay of Plenty Division covers all the Waikato, Thames/Coromandel, Bay of Plenty, Rotorua and Taupo.
We are the leading cancer patient advocate in New Zealand, providing a voice on all kinds of issues including cancer detection and treatment.
An independent charity, we are 100% community-funded. Thanks to the generosity of our communities and the dedication of hundreds of volunteers around the region, our services are free.
- Quality support services for people affected by cancer and their family/whanau
- Accessible and credible cancer information
- Health promotion and education programmes to teach the public how to reduce their risk of cancer
- Support for research into the causes, detection and treatment of cancer
- Advocacy and submissions for policy change
- The Cancer Society's Lions Lodge; a free accommodation facility for people from out of town who are undergoing cancer treatment at Waikato Hospital.
If you or a loved one has questions about cancer; or if you need support, give us a call on our helpline service, we are here to listen and offer you information and practical suggestions to help you during your cancer experience.
Our Office Locations:
Hamilton - Corner Grey and Beale Streets, Hamilton 3240
Tauranga - 111 Cameron Road, Tauranga 3110
Rotorua - 1235 Ranolf Street, Rotorua 3010
What makes us different
The Waikato/Bay of Plenty Cancer Society has been supporting New Zealanders with cancer for more than 50 years. If you or someone you know has been diagnosed with cancer, the Waikato/Bay of Plenty Cancer Society is here to help. We offer a range of free practical assistance and supportive care services to help you and those you care about understand cancer, get through treatment, cope with emotions and find support.