Products and ServicesPractices
Company Law, Intellectual Property Law, General Practice, Employment Law, Family Law, Securities Law, Education Law, Estate Law, Real Estate Law, e-Business Law, Business Law, Criminal Law, Property LawTrades
Wills, Tax Advice, Trusts, Leasing, Asset Protection, Licencing, AdoptionsPayment Options
Agricultural Law, Intellectual Property Law, Environmental Law, Employment Law, Family Law, Estate Law, Insurance Law, Business Law, Tax Law, Property LawServices
Consulting, Estate Planning, Wills, Property Agreements, Insurance Law, Trusts, AcquisitionsConcerns
Patents, Contracts, Personal Taxes, TaxesMarkets Served
Disputes, Property Damage, Relationship Property, Insurance Disputes
About MDS Law
We are a medium sized commercial focused law firm based in Christchurch. We practice in a range of industries and have a broad and expanding base of clients.
Our expertise includes:
- Advising on share and asset acquisitions and dispositions, restructuring, mergers, amalgamations, buyouts and earn outs, private equity investments and venture capital investment, conducting and reporting on due diligence investigations, advising on governance matters, compliance issues and constitutional matters.
- Advising on compliance with Securities Act 1978 and Securities Regulations 1983 including drafting prospectuses, shareholder matters, investment statements, information memorandums, associated documentation and undertaking verification.
- Advising on all aspects of intellectual property law including trade mark registrations, oppositions and licensing, copyright law, technology acquisitions, dispositions and licensing.
- Advising on and documenting acquisition, disposition, leasing and redevelopment of commercial properties including ownership structures, financing, syndicated investments, joint venture and due diligence.
- Advising on and documenting residential subdivisions and developments.
- Advising on trusts and estate planning, asset protection and formation, administration of trusts (general, charitable, trading or special purpose) and acting as professional trustees.
- Advising on wills, powers of attorney, estate planning and administration.
- Advising on a broad range of income tax, GST and cross border tax issues.
- Tax effective structuring/restructuring of business entities and investments including companies, joint ventures, general and limited partnerships and trusts.
- Tax effective structuring of transactions including land acquistion and disposition, land development, the acquisition and disposition of assets and inbound and outbound investments or transactions.
- Advising on tax implications of overseas investment in New Zealand.
- Advising on tax residence status including when a person/entity becomes tax resident in New Zealand or looses their New Zealand tax residence status.
Resource Management and Environmental Law:
- Assisting clients with their resource consent applications and making submissions about the development proposals of others.
- Advising on land-use consents, coastal permits, water permits, (use/taking/damming/diverting), and discharge permits for releases to land, water or air.
- Representation at local authority hearings and at the Environment Court.
- Advising on environmental matters such as contaminated land, waste management, hazardous substances, foresty, climate change and carbon emissions, conservation and wildlife law, and pastoral leases.
Contact the team at MDS Law for a consultation on any of the above
What makes us different
At MDS Law we provide comprehensive legal expertise and services in a range of specialty areas. Our strength is our capabilities in property and commercial law. We pride ourselves on delivering solutions in a creative and timely fashion at a reasonable rate. For a friendly service from consummate professionals call us today!