Products and ServicesAnatomy
Hands, Wrists, Elbows, LigamentsService Options
Visit Us OnlineInsurance Accepted
Accident Compensation CorporationConcerns
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Hand sprains, Tennis elbow, Recovery, Golfers elbow, Flexibility, Arthritic joints, Tension, Tendinitis, Pain, Sprains, StrainsTreatments
About The Hand Clinic
At the Hand Clinic we treat the elbow, wrist, hand, fingers and thumb. Whether you've had surgery, an injury or developed symptoms over time we can help - if the issue is serious and we believe treatment is not viable, we have close working relationships with hand surgeons and can refer you to the right place.
You're welcome to refer yourself and we have no ACC surcharges.
Diagnosis & assessment, Nike has a sound background in accurate diagnosis and will have access to your x-rays in clinic, or if they are sent, will know what to look for. The Hand Clinic has a range of tools for specialist testing to assess anything from grip strength to sensation.
Treatments which include:
- Very high standard custom thermoplastic static or dynamic splint fabrication
- Custom neoprene fabrication
- Fracture bracing
- Joint mobilisations
- Scar management
- Soft tissue massage
- Heat treatment including wax bath
- Contact and compression medium fabrication
- Silicone oil treatment
- Wound dressings
- Suture removal
- Strengthening and stabilising exercise programmes
- Graded motor imagery including mirror therapy
- Adaptive equipment or technique training
- Education on diagnosis
- Anatomy and why treatment will work
- Assistance with return to work and liaison with any contractor attempting to get you there
Rehabilitation back to doing the things you love and need to do. Your hands are what enable you to do what you do best.