Products and ServicesCredentials
Chartered Professional EngineerKinds
Environmental, Land Title Surveys, Survey, Geotechnical, Civil, StructuralServices
Site Assessments, CAD, Construction Supervision, Reports, Soil Testing, Inspections, Land Development, Development, Surveying, Environmental Assessments, Design, Environmental Investigations, Environmental Consulting, Planning, Construction, CustomisingService Options
Visit Us OnlinePlaces
Foundations, Wells, Retaining WallsMarkets Served
Residential, Commercial, IndustrialConcerns
Land Stability, Slope Stability, Earthquakes, Drainage, ContaminationProperties
Housing, Subdivisions, Multi-lot Subdivisions, Offices, Warehouses
About Davis Ogilvie & Partners Ltd
Davis Ogilvie is an established development consultancy which originated in Christchurch in 1932 and now operates throughout the South Island.
Davis Ogilvie provides a complete range of multi-disciplinary engineering, surveying and development planning services within one company. By covering structural, civil and geotechnical engineering, land surveying, resource management and environmental science we are able to simplify construction, design and development using collaborative processes to create better solutions for our clients.
We have teams in Christchurch, Nelson, Greymouth and Timaru experienced in sustainable land and property development. Not only will their expertise add value to your project, you will also benefit from our enduring relationships with other professional consultancies throughout the South Island.
Civil Engineering is the science of designing and constructing infrastructure for communities. Our civil engineers are renowned problem-solvers and experts in design, contract administration and construction supervision.
Civil Engineering Services include:
- Roading, right of way and car park design
- Sewer reticulation, including gravity and pumped systems
- Hydraulic modeling of sewer, storm water and high pressure water networks
- Earthworks design, supervision and testing
- Storm water network design including detention basins, treatment systems and pump stations
- High pressure water reticulation and networks design and supervision
- Arranging power, telecommunication and landscaping services
- Contract administration including the preparation of tender documents, specifications and schedules
- Construction supervision and management
Our structural engineers are experienced in a wide range of projects, often working hands-on with other professionals and are able to assist with projects ranging from a single beam to high-end residential houses, commercial DEE's to new build office structures.
Structural Engineering Services provided include:
- Design of timber, cross laminated timber (CLT), steel, masonry and concrete structures.
- Design of foundation systems for TC1, TC2, TC3 and mass movement sites.
- Design of commercial and industrial buildings, including portal frame and tilt panel construction.
- Design of structural members within architectural houses on flat and sloping sites.
- Insurance and purchasers reports to confirm the structural condition of residential, commercial and industrial buildings.
- Initial and Detailed Seismic Assessments (ISA or DSA) to determine the percentage of new building standard (%NBS).
- Design of structural strengthening of buildings.
- Damage reports and remedial works design for domestic, commercial and industry buildings.
- Design of retaining wall structures.
- Construction monitoring and project management.
Geotechnical Engineers analyse sites to ensure that all hazards are appropriately identified and managed, ensuring that the client's objectives are met.
Geological conditions are identified and examined, and solutions are written into plans before work begins. During this process complex information is concisely detailed to ensure all parties understand potential hazards and the extent of necessary solutions.
The DO geotechnical engineering team is experienced in the following areas:
- Geomorphological mapping
- Geotechnical investigations, including CPT, bore holes and SPTs, and the associated soil analysis
- Liquefaction and lateral spreading assessments
- Detailed assessment for TC1, TC2, TC3 and hillside sites
- Earth dam and irrigation system design
- Slope stability analysis
- Rockfall protection systems
- Rock and earth anchor design
- Foundation design for residential and commercial projects
What makes us different
Davis Ogilvie (DO) provides a complete range of multi-disciplinary engineering, surveying and development planning services within one company.
Davis Ogilvie is committed to sustainable development, and appropriate resource management. The team are founding members of the Ministry of Environments Urban Design Protocol. We also maintain affiliations with the New Zealand Green Building Council, Sustainability Society, and others; and continue to push for more efficient land development, high water quality and low impact design solutions on a number of large scale projects.
Davis Ogilvie is a carboNZero accredited company, and supports the local environment by purchasing carbon credits in the Hinewai Reserve on Banks Peninsula.