Wellington Combined Taxis is New Zealands first certified carbon neutral taxi company, our taxis have received carboNZero Cert TM certified for both service and organisation! Operating since 1926.Quality Service, Professionalism & Integrity.400 late model cars, Chauffeur service, Vans & Wheelchair Vehicles.
Wellington Combined Taxis provide a range of additional services that your average taxi company does not offer. We aim to give the best service to our customers to ensure that the experience is positive, increased convenience and a long lasting relationship with Wellington Combined Taxis is formed. Our services include: Wake up Calls, Advise Taxi Arrivals, Urgent parcel & Food Delivery.
Our Taxi Vehicles
We have a fleet of over 440, white, late model cars. All drivers are trained, professional and uniformed with excellent area knowledge. The Company created a new rule mid way through 2008, that no petrol only vehicles are allowed to enter the fleet. This is part of our reduction plan and environmental policy. Within 6 years our entire taxi fleet will consist of more fuel efficient vehicles. We are also constantly looking for newer more efficient vehicles we can allow into the fleet.
Taxi Vans and Shuttles
We have ten 10 seater vans and one 6 seater available.
Please be aware that the vans are used for school runs so you may be required to pre-book a van to ensure their availability. Vans incur a $10 additional charge to the final fare.
Disabled and Mobility Vehicles
We have 9 vans that can cater to the needs of disabled customers however these are fully committed to school runs from 7.30am to 9.00am and 2.15pm to 4.00pm Monday to Friday.
All taxis have cab numbers, which they have to display as part of NZTA rules. These cab numbers are like gold when trying to locate your jacket that you left in the car by mistake! The numbers are located on the front external doors, the front of the taxi (dashboard) and the outside back windscreen.Remember all cab companies have to display the cab number so note this as soon as entering the taxis.
All of our taxis are fitted with state of the art cameras. This makes the ride safer for you and safer for our drivers!
It's simple: more stars equals safer cars.
The 5-Star Safety Ratings measure the crash worthiness and rollover safety of vehicles.
Every six months our taxis have to go for a COF. The CoF inspection is a general safety check, similar to that of a WoF.
Approved testing station inspectors check the aspects set out in our vehicle inspection requirements manual (VIRM) including:
- Tyre condition (including tread depth)
- Brake condition and operation
- Structural condition (rust is not allowed in certain areas)
- Towing connection condition and certification
- Load restraints such as load anchorages, log bolsters, or curtain systems for condition and applicable certification
- Certificate of loading (display and validity)
- Transport service licence number (if required)
- Lights (are all bulbs working? do lights comply?)
- Glazing (is your windscreen safe?)
- Windscreen washers and wipers
- Doors (do they open and close safely?)
- Safety belts (must not be faded or damaged; buckles must work properly)
- Airbags (if fitted)
- Speedometer (must be working)
- Steering and suspension (must be safe and secure)
- Exhaust (there must be no leaks and the exhaust must not be smoky or louder than the original exhaust system)
- Fuel system (there must be no leaks).
We monitor this internally to make sure all of our drivers are up to date with their COFs! This means you can feel safe about being in one of our taxis.
For more information, please visit our website or give us a call.