Radar Investigations provides ground information and a locate services using Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) in the Christchurch Region. GPR is an efficient, non-destructive method of obtaining information about the sub surface conditions. We supplement the radar with electronic location devices when necessary. GPR provides a graphic image of the subsurface and has a variety of applications. GPR is extremely useful for determining the vertical and horizontal location of services, tanks, pipes, and other objects. By using state of the art Electronic Locators and GPR systems, Radar Investigations can help you in accurately locating virtually all services within your project site. The accurate designation of Underground Services is essential to successfully working in the underground.
Services we provide include:
- Locate metallic and nonmetallic services,
- Define depth of services,
- Find communications wires and conduits,
- Define pipe routes without connecting to the source,
- Locate unknown services,
- Find utilities without using as-built drawings,
- Identify services for avoidance during excavation,
- Generate or update subsurface service maps for future planned development,
- Clear drilling location for subsurface interferences &
- Accurately mark-out services scheduled for repair or replacement
We can develop detailed site drawings showing location and profiles of underground services uf required. Our mapping service combines Global Positioning System (GPS) which gives the co-ordinates of surface points, lines and areas, with Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) which locates buried metal and plastic pipes and all types of cables.
Contact Radar Investigations we can save you time, money and most important of all, too much digging! or visit our website for more information.
What makes us different?
We are a team of trained and dedicated professionals, specializing in underground service locating in the Christchurch region. At Radar Investigations: Subsurface Locating Service we pride ourselves on having some of the best geophysicist services possible.