For those that do not know:
There is no charge for taking metals in to be recycled.
The place has a green sign stating "CA$H 4 METAL" (dollar sign as the S $)
Someone helped me unload the metal from my car down to the ground and then other people took care of the steel while I parked my car and gave my docket to a nice man with a beard.
Another worker smiled and attempted to make a joke, so yeah nice people who like to spread smiles and laughter to their customers :).
Only 1 very small thing that could be added to improve on (which I have just added below for people who are new to this):
- Have a sign or at least have on the website instructions about the process for new customers (however, you would learn from your first visit what order to do things and where to go so it is not necessary, and I have now typed it below for those that view this review):
1. to wait on the platform and a worker will be with me shortly to record the weight,
2. he will then help you unload,
3. drive back to the platform to weigh then record the difference,
4. you will receive a docket/receipt/note,
5. then find an area to park your car,
6. provide the receipt/docket to a worker at the garage, and for first time visitors provide your ID e.g. license
7. and receive your cash.
I received $1 more than what my partner (he's a Labourer) expected me to get for the steel I took in :) (a bath tub and clothes line with rusty wires).
Helpful, lovely, nice men there anyway :).
So go along :) Hillside Rd is off Wairau rd to get there from the Motorway take the Tristram Exit and got straight through the lights and you'll be on Hillside Rd, it will be on your left (L) side.
16-18 Hillside Rd Glenfield 0627 Auckland 0627