We used Abba Tiling for a bathroom, laundry and toilet renovation we did in 2014. Overall we were not that impressed with the quality of the workmanship for the following reasons:
- poor grouting. Left grout haze on tiles which we have taken considerable time and expense to remove
- his attempt at doing mitre bends was poor. He obviously does not have a lot of experience doing them.
- haphazard use of silicone sealant
- he made 2 big errors during install which required that tiles be removed and installed again
- we have a 1920's villa which has 100 year old building tolerances. It's obvious that he is a little out of his depth with old houses
To be fair, the laundry and toilet tiling was done to a good standard. They were considerably smaller areas to tile. Unfortunately, the majority of the work in the bathroom was disappointing. We are left with having to look at it every day.
If you have a new build, non complex job that does not require mitre bends, I'm sure he will do an OK job. But be warned.
Te Atatu Auckland
Enter your Fly Buys number to earn 3 points for this review.