The Laura Fergusson Trust provides a range of rehabilitation, training, care and accommodation services to enable people with physical disabilities to achieve maximum independence and quality of life.
The Laura Fergusson Trust offers individually tailored rehabilitation programmes based on multidisciplinary assessments. The client, their family and the multidisciplinary team set all programme goals. Programmes may be residentially or day-based and are offered for all types of disability - congenital, acquired and traumatic. Staff specialising in functional recovery work in a transdisciplinary model while carefully considering pre-accident lifestyle.
The services delivered from the main Greenlane site include:
- 24 Hour Site Supervision, which includes on duty staff, on call staff, emergency nurse call system.
- 24 Hour registered Nurse cover – either on duty and/or on call.
- Medical Officer clinic run once a week and on call cover.
- Services cover all duties to provide personal support, life skills coaching, physical fitness coaching, pre-vocational training and meaningful activity programs under specialist therapist and nursing supervision. Sessions may be 1:1 or supervised groups.
We welcome enquiries about our services from individuals and the following organisations:
- Ministry of Health Funding (previously the Health Funding Authority)
- Accident Compensation Commission Case Managers
- Public and Private Hospitals
- Needs Assessment Service Coordinators
- Allied Service Organisations
- Voluntary Support Groups